Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3

I took pictures today but I haven't downloaded them to my computer yet! I was busy all day getting the Christmas stuff put away (which I still have quite a bit to finish up with!) and my daughter used my computer to get her homework done. I hope to get the photos loaded up tomorrow and then I will post one for today!

Nothing new actually. It was a pretty day today, with the sun shining on the snow. Really felt like a winter day which was actually nice for a change!

Gardening -
I recycled a few more containers today. They should be nice for starting seeds. Not huge ones but big enough and they have lids! My daughter was teasing me saying heaven forbid should a container get thrown away in this house! lol Hey, what can I say? I believe in recycling, helping the environment, saving the rain forest and having containers to start my beloved plants in come Spring! :o)

I was looking at my milk jug today (a 2 liter plastic jug) and wondering if it would be big enough to plant pepper seeds in and leave them in to grow? After cutting, it is 6" deep, 4" wide and 4" across. Last year my pepper plants, in pots, didn't get very big and I only got one (nice!) pepper off each plant. Perhaps the pot wasn't big enough? Perhaps the milk jug wouldn't be big enough? It would sure save me some garden space if I could put the peppers in milk jugs. Has anyone tried it with any success? Please let me know!

Is there anyone reading this blog that has reused soap slivers? I have been saving all of my soap slivers for about a year now, thinking I would remelt them and make some new bars of soap. Has anyone done this, how does it work? Do I just melt the slivers down? In the oven, in a pan on the stove, in a double boiler? I don't have soap molds so I was thinking about just putting some cupcake papers in the pan and putting the melted soap in those. Then just peel and use! I have never done it before though so I am not entirely sure how or even if, it will work! Has anyone done this? Let me know! I would love to hear from you!

Well, that's it for today! Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

Lorena Digital Designs said...

Happy New Year, Declan. And, yes, you can re-use soap slivers. Separate glycerine soap from the 'regular' soap, as the glycerine soap will melt much fast and with less liquid. Once you are ready to start, have your mold(s) ready. Put about a cupful of your soap in a 2-cup microwave-safe glass container, and add about 3 tablespoons of water or milk. Heat for 1 minute on Medium heat. Take out and stir. If the liquid has dried up, add a little more and repeat the process, until your soap is completely melted. Pour into your mold(s). Off the top of my head, I don't remember how fast it sets, so I would count on a couple of weeks in a shoebox or like breathable container. You can place the whole thing in a drawer and forget about it. It's been a long time since I made soap, but I think this will work. Do let me know how it turns out. Meanwhile, if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at LorenaDigital dot Designs at gmail dot com.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

dizzyb13.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
qifei2012 said...

For those who at this time do not need a good do better than company, having said that, firmly recommended to achieve the Sonic Vendor
Monster Beats by Dr.Dre Pro. All the Sonic Supplier is really swiftly, an easy and a particular whip developer for good quality useful lacking conditions. These come in 1000s of selections that had been readily available, therefore it's attained instructional videos Creature Is better than By simply Generate Monster Headphones.Dre Travel. It is good to verify the overcome brewer as a way to help make jokes about you
Beats by Dr.Dre Pro? Stop by: Brand for Sonic To create your surpass, just stick to the various issues already stated
Monster headphones 2012. But, the 1st step is an important factor, keeping the best overcome creator applications.
Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Tour