Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

Here it is January 1, 2007 and I haven't written a thing since November! See how bad I am at this? This will be one of my resolutions this year; to update my blog at least once a week.

Speaking of resolutions, normally I don't make them. In fact, I make a resolution to NOT make any resolutions each year! Why? I am horrible about keeping resolutions! I get too busy and then forget the things I said I was going to change. This year though, I have created a list of resolutions that I have given myself the whole year to accomplish. None of this, "starting January 1, I will/will not...." This year, I have until December 31 to complete them. Maybe that way I will actually work toward some of the goals I want to achieve this year!
What are my resolutions? Hmmm, do I dare to add them on the internet? Well, maybe some of them!
1. Lose at least 20 pounds by my birthday which is in June. This sounds obtainable! 20 pounds in 6 months. Just a few changes in my diet here and there should do it!
2. Spend less time on the computer! Right now I am not working outside the home so I am on here all day! That should be plenty of time to do the things I need to do. Nights, from dinnertime on, are for other things from now on. Reading, crafts, tv, whatever but no more computer! Well, unless it is to play a computer game with hubby! :o)
3.Create AT LEAST 1 new layout a week! I get so busy creating kits and my other work for scrapbooking that I seldom get layouts of my own made! This year, I will do more of my OWN scrapping!
4. Try to create one new wordart per day for 1HourScrap! Poor Carol goes crazy trying to be sure there is always a new wordart for everyone every day and I have been quite lax in getting some done for her. Now I admit, I hate making wordart because I can never think of cute sayings and if I do, I never know how to create them into a piece of wordart that would look nice on a layout! This year though, I will work harder to make more and help Carol out!
5. Learn some new techniques for my kits. I have only created a few but I already feel like I am in a rut! I love making papers but I am not so adventurous in my patterns. They seem to be the same kit after kit. I need to experiment more.
I need to figure out how to make more elements! There again, tags, ribbons, fasteners.....same thing kit after kit. I need to learn how to make other elements.
6. Read more! I love reading and my MIL and other family members have been so good about finding/giving me English books when they find them and they sit in boxes or on shelves, unread. I will read at least one book a week! (This from someone who used to read a book a day! Amazing how many things the computer changes about one's life!)

I have so many more things on my list this year but that is enough for now! Suffice it to say, there are many things in my life that I feel need to change and this year I am resolving to work on that. One day at a time, one piece at a time. No hurry, no deadlines, just attempts each day on something on my list!

Well, at least I know this is one thing I can cross off this week! I have now updated my blog. :o)

Have a wonderful New Year everyone!
As my mom always says...."May your best day in 2006 be your worst day in 2007"

Bye!

No comments: