Monday, July 21, 2008

Polar Blog Express - Day 8

Hello again and welcome back! :o) (Please remember, I am writing this one day ahead of time so bear with me if things sometimes don't make sense! lol

First, thank you all for the Anniversary wishes! We had a wonderful day! The in-laws came and celebrated with us and took us out to dinner. After dinner, we dropped off the kids and hubby and I went to a park we like and just walked for a few hours and I took a gazillion photos of the sunset! lol I love my new camera I got recently (Olympus SP-56OUZ) but I am a bit disappointed with the colors I am getting out of it. I am going to have to look at it a bit more and see if there is any way to change them to brighten them up a bit! The oranges showed up nicely but the blues, pinks and purples just got lost! *sigh*
Next weekend we are celebrating our anniversary for real by going away for the weekend to a hot-air balloon festival in Northern Holland. I am SOOOOO looking forward to that! I wish I could afford the $150 euros a person to take a ride in one! I am afraid of heights but I am determined to ride in a hot air balloon in my lifetime! Go figure! lol
If nothing else, I should have some wonderful photos next weekend! Not only will we be going to the balloon festival but there is also this little town up there that is supposed to be just heavenly! Foot traffic only! I can't wait to see that as well! One more week to go! :o)

Here is a photo of the sunset I took tonight while walking through the park. You can click on it for a larger view! I did resize it a lot for the blog though! Isn't it gorgeous! I am so thankful for such beautiful sunsets!



Ok, enough chatter and on to Day 8! I have an embellished page and a plain back today. Again, the plain back can be used to create another page of your own making! Of course, I don't mind if you buy my Christmas kit to do that so that all of your pages match! :o) Just in case, lol, you can find the kit HERE
It's on sale for just $3.25! I also have some Christmas Clusters and Christmas bulb alphabets to match. You can buy those separately or buy all of them in a bundle for even greater savings! Check them all out in my store HERE!

Now, the moment you have all been waiting for! Day 8!

Link has expired

That's it for today! Have a wonderful day and see you again tomorrow!


Be sure to check out all of the other blogs for more goodies!

8 comments:

grambie said...

Thanks for another fabulous layout page to match this lovely album. It is so wonderful to open and actually view your so beautiful designs in person. The colors are rich and entirely suitable for any holiday layout. Thanks again for the backing that can be used for another page. To think of us in such a lovely manner is more than expected. Love the bent photo frame and the lovely bright yellow ornaments. HUGS!!!

Elaine said...

Thank you so much, lovely!!

Aleah'sMommy said...

thank you for another amazing day on the train =) I hope you have fun seeing the hot air balloons when you get to go. Also the sunset pic is gorgeous!

MaryEllen said...

thank you love your beautiful sunset

Anonymous said...

The sunset photo is gorgeous!

Your getaway should be a fun weekend - the hot-air balloon show sounds neat.
I would love to see that little town - I enjoy visting different places and just strolling around and seeing the sights.

Thanks so much for another beautiful addition to the album!

CynR said...

Thank you very much for the freebie! I hope you do take the chance and go up in the balloon!! I've done it and I had a blast and yes, I'm terrified of heights! I felt safe in the basket and for the most part was not looking straight down but out at the horizon and the countryside around us. I loved it and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Have fun on your trip!!!

Anonymous said...

thank you very much and
very beautiful photo of your sunset.
patty

Lib_Grrl said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the balloons, maybe we'll have to swap photos of them sometime... since they host a balloon festival near me (in Texas) and they go over our house.