Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Feb 11 - Monaco

Just a quick post today. Today is a view of Monaco, another country (principality) we were in last summer. Monaco is such a beautiful place. Everything is so crisp and clean looking. If you look closely at the photo, on the left you can see a sign hanging with a picture of Grace Kelly. They had something going on at the time about her and those signs were hanging all over the streets.
You see houses built on cliffs, yachts that looked as big as cruise ships and crystal clear blue water. I have never seen water so blue and when you are up in the hills, when you look down, the water is so clear you can see the bottom. I wish I could say I had more good photos but most of what I have either have people in them, are blurry from driving and shooting or have street lights or construction in them. I will look through the photos again and see if I can salvage any more for postcards or maybe try and make a collage postcard with what I can clip out of the photos.
If you ever get the chance to see Monaco, by all means, do, especially if you can drive there. The sight is well worth it!

Here is today's postcard:

Link has been removed

Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Monaco is definitely on my list of places to visit. My hubby and I watch the Grand Prix (F1) every year, so who knows? maybe I can talk him into going and seeing it live one year, lol! Thanks for another wonderful postcard!

Sherry Out Loud said...

That is gorgeous - looks like a movie set! Another example of your photographic artistry - thanks so much for sharing with us!

Hey, I don't remember getting an answer to this, but is it really expensive to mail stuff overseas? I have so many paperbacks that I would be happy to send to you unless it means I can't pay the rent....LOL! And they are all in English, imagine that!

Aleah'sMommy said...

Thanks so much see you tomorrow =)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 11 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 12 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Rarole said...

I lived there for 17 years. And I have a lot of beautiful photos. And wonderful memories!

postcard printing said...

Your today's postcard is awesome about the city of Monaco. Monaco is such a beautiful place. Everything is so crisp and clean looking.While looking at the picture closely on the left we can see a sign hanging with a picture of Grace Kelly.Your postcard makes me feel like i have to visit Monaco.