Sunday, February 1, 2009

Feb 1 - David

Well, January is gone and it is February 1. Can you believe it? I swear it was just last night we were celebrating New Year's Eve!! *sigh* (I hit the wrong button so this post is going out a bit early! lol)

Our postcard trip has us lingering in Italy; Florence, to be precise! What would a trip to Italy be without seeing Michelangelo's David? Well, again, this is not the original as the original is in the museum which is actually just a little to the right of this statue. This is the David that is in the square, along with several other gorgeous statues.
Coming into this square made me squeal with joy! We had no idea we were so close. You come out of the little streets which feel like alleys, all crowded and small and suddenly, this square opens up in front of you. The museum is there, statues all over, stores, restaurants and outdoor seating. It is beautiful really and especially when you aren't expecting it! This square is just a little before the famous Ponte Vecchio bridge.

I have done a little "cover up" on the preview since this is a family page! :o) I realize this is art and not something "nasty" but just in case the powers that be see it otherwise.....
I assure you, the actual "postcard" does not have that beautiful fall leaf strategically placed! lol


Link has been removed

I hope you are enjoying your photo tour through Europe! I wish my older photos were larger. I have so many photos that make beautiful postcards but not 4x6! I think I said in an earlier post I might try making a collage postcard with some of the photos. Maybe if I get some time to sit down and do that one of these days, I will!

I have watched several movies over the last few days. They have been pretty good for the most part.
1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - different, somewhat interesting and a bit slow and long
2. Slumdog Millionaire - at first, I thought I was watching the wrong movie. I expected something else but I found it ok and watched it to the end. I LOVED the music in it!
3. The Lake House - definitely good! A little confusing sometimes but good just the same!
4. The Wedding Planner - How can anything with Matthew McConaughey be anything but good??? lol
5. Yes Man - This wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Normally, you can't go wrong with a Jim Carrey movie but I just didn't find this as funny as I thought it would be.
A few others as well but I just can't think of the titles right now. Have any of you seen any of these movies and what did you think of them?

Well, that's it for today! Thanks for stopping by!
See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Thank you for my laugh of the day. When I saw this picture of David and the little fig leaf, I burst out laughing. My husband wanted to know what I was laughing at and when I showed him, he thought it was funny too. Great shot. Love, love, love your photos!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I found your postcards today and they are awesome!! I especially like the Dutch ones because my father's family came from Hoorn, Holland in 1600's and I'm very interested in the country. We hope to visit Holland some day. Thanks again for the lovely postcards

Unknown said...

OMG, that is SO funny! Thanks for the laugh and the postcard, too! I've seen The Lake House, and i found it a bit confusing, too. I just saw Mamma Mia last night, it was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

well this is really hilarious.




Outdoor Statues