Monday, February 23, 2009

Feb 23 - More Auschwitz

Just a quick post today. I have another postcard from Auschwitz.
I, personally, don't know what the building is since my daughter took the photo. Look at all of that barbed wire though! How horrible it must have been for those that were here.
At the back of the photo, on the left, it looks like a guard tower. I have seen a lot of these in other photos DD took here.
The building looks to be in remarkable condition. I wonder if it has been renovated?

Link has been removed

Here in Holland, in Amsterdam, we have the Anne Frank house. I went through it one day. It was so hard to picture her family living there and what it must have been like for them all. I imagine it had to be thousands of times better than Auschwitz though.

Thanks for stopping by! See you again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you do have to go in order to get the full impact, but just seeing the pictures gives me the chills. It must have been so horrible to have been sent there.

Sherry Out Loud said...

I agree, that is a chilling photo. Denise, I just wanted to let you know that I have apparently got a virus, and several people have reported that it comes from 4shared - not from the files that people upload, but from 4shared advertising - in other words, you don't even have to download anything to get the virus. So sadly, I've decided not to download anything from 4shared at least until I hear the problems are resolved. My computer is still a mess, and I haven't been able to get it fixed yet...boo hoo! Anyway, it is NOT from your files, but from 4shared itself, but I just don't want to risk it until I hear it's better! So if there is any chance I can get the postcards directly from you, or from another service, I would love that!

Aleah'sMommy said...

thank you for sunday & mondays post cards hun *hugs* =)