Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feb 4

We actually had snow yesterday! We have had more snow this winter than the last 8 years combined! Now mind you, that's not saying a lot because we don't get much snow at all here but this year, it just keeps snowing and snowing!
It snowed off and on all day. One of those thick flakes, slow falling, snow falls. I had to keep stopping whatever I was doing, sit down and just stare out the window and watch it snow!
Now of course, all this snow is not getting me into my garden anytime soon and I am itching to get started but I am enjoying the snowfalls while we have them!

Today's postcard is a wall in this beautiful garden we visited while in Italy. I just loved how old and rustic it looked and then with the beautiful flowers, it just seemed perfect to me. It never ceases to amaze me how old everything is here in Europe. Everything is so "young" in America, even the "old" states. Here, it's nothing to see dates on buildings showing 1500, 1600, etc. I never get tired of seeing the history in all of these buildings.

Link has been removed

Well, that's it for now! I hope you enjoy today's postcard!
Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Love your beautiful postcard of Italy. Thank you. I would love a photo of your country in the snow. Holland is so pretty. Are you wiling to venture outside for us?

Becky said...

My daughter is going on a European tour this spring which will include Italy. I'm showing her your pictures to give her an idea of beautiful things to open her eyes and see!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you on America being so "young"! I love history and all the "old" things found in European countries. I am totally enjoying your postcards!! I just hope I can remember what they are! Thanks so much for the beauty of Europe without having to leave home! Mary