Sunday, February 22, 2009

Feb 22 - Auschwitz

I thought I would start out with this photo since it is so stark. It gives me a great feeling of sadness to see this. I probably won't be loading many postcards from Auschwitz as there are students in a lot of the photos but I will try and get as many in as I can to give you an idea of how it looks. I think it is just one of those places you have to go to rather than just see the photos.


Link has been removed

So hubby and I had a nice day/night yesterday. We shopped all day practically. Groceries, garden supplies, stuff to put up shelves in the house, fencing and posts for the back yard, and more. It was a busy day!
We did get to KFC for dinner which was "echt lekker"! lol That means really tasty! :o)
After dinner we came home and he got my shelves up over my desk. I now have a nice little area to work in finally! Yea!!!

Today, hubby and the neighbor got a couple of the fence pieces up before it started raining. They will finish later this week. Oh I will be so happy to have the new fencing up! I swear, everyone has fencing between their houses here in Holland. We used to but we had a really bad wind storm this winter and it just ripped our fencing right up! Since it got so cold this winter, there hasn't been much of a chance to replace it since it was torn apart!
Since we all live so close here, it has been quite strange not having that border between us and the neighbors! I feel better just having the few up that they did manage to get up so far!

Tonight, the in-laws brought dd home as she was at their house this weekend. They stayed for awhile, which is always nice. I am so lucky in the in-law department! I couldn't ask for better in-laws!
After they left, hubby and I watched a bit of tv and then I attended an online baby shower for our dear sweet Stacey, at Digitals.

I am now posting today's postcard and then I am off to finish watching tonight's "Ghost Whisperer" with hubby. I just can't believe they killed Jim off! How could they do that??? (I know, you are probably thinking, Jim killed off? That was like forever ago! It probably was for those of you in the States! lol Don't tell me what happens! ) :o)

Ok, well, I better get moving! It is almost midnight here!
Thanks for stopping by again! See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 22 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 23 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).