Monday, February 9, 2009

Villa Torrigiani - Feb 9

Thank goodness, the weekend is over! lol It wasn't a bad weekend at all, just a bit busy. Everything worked out perfectly though and my daughter had a wonderful slumber party. I think her favorite part was breakfast, Sunday morning. I made homemade waffles plus chocolate fondue with lots of fresh fruit! She just loves that! Oh, and don't forget the whipped cream! lol She takes cut up strawberries, whipped cream and drizzled chocolate and puts it on her waffle. It was funny because at first her friends weren't going to do it until they saw hers, then they ALL did it! It was too funny. No, I did not get any photos. *sigh* Just unheard of for me. I was relegated to the upstairs along with hubby and son. I was allowed to come down to make snacks at 10pm, before they started their movies and then of course, in the morning, to make breakfast. No photos were allowed during their "Sing Star" performances.
I have to admit, I would have loved to have taken photos of their faces in the morning as they were waking up! It was too cute! Ah well.....grab the photos while you can because as they get older, they sure do start objecting to photos!

On to the postcard! Today's postcard is a photo I shot of the house? mansion? villa? whatever you want to call it, that is on the grounds of the gardens. Or would the gardens be on the grounds of the house? Hmmm.
You would not believe the number of statues ON this house! They have them on every surface available! It doesn't look so bad in photos but in person, I found it almost vulgar, there were so many. Remember, what you are seeing here is only the front of the house! The statues go all the way around! lol
Oh, and for Deb Pearson.....this is Villa Torrigiani in Florence.

I have read that this garden was a secret garden and there used to be a wall at the top of the stairs. This wall had openings that lead to the pool or, if coming from the pool, down to the secret garden! :o)
I have some photos of the pool area but they are not very good at all. It was too late in the day to get any decent photos.

I found a wall poster online today that is almost the exact picture as today's postcard! The poster had some better lighting and the top of the house with all the statues there didn't fade away like they do in my photo. It was cool though to find a poster with an almost identical view of my photo. Here it is:

Link has been removed

Well, I should get to work! I started working on a Valentine kit on Fri and would you believe, I have it almost finished? Saturday and Sunday I got no time to work on it at all! It was all done on Fri! Maybe I am starting to get my mojo back? That would be nice!

Diane (aka diharper) - Thank you so much for letting me know how you are enjoying and using the cards! I am thrilled to hear you mailed some of them out! You definitely put a smile on my face today! Thank you!

MaryE - Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments day after day! They are so nice to read!

Sherry - You are welcome anytime and you know it! We might have a hard time adopting you but we can sure try! This is Holland after all and anything is possible here! :o)

To everyone that stops by, reads the blog and/or grabs the postcard......thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Sherry Out Loud said...

Wow, I see what you mean - it would be scary to live with all those statues! Sounds like your daughter had a great party - is she 15? I can still get the 14-year-olds to pose for me (usually), but my son? Whole nother story there for sure! We sneak around and hide to get pictures of him....LOL! Thanks for yet another gorgeous postcard, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 10 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Unknown said...

Beautiful house, but yeah I'd get rid of the statures, too! I have 2 daughters, the 19 year old I have to sneak up on, but the 16 year old is a camera hog, lol! Always posing...