Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th!!!

At least I THINK it is a pink flamingo! :o)

Happy Friday the 13th! ( I LOVE this day!)

Just a quick post and then I am off again! Today's postcard is a photo I took when my MIL and I went to the zoo in Rotterdam. It looks like a young pink flamingo but I am not entirely sure what it is! Does anyone out there know??
I DO know the cage was filled with these birds and the bright color against the greens was beautiful. I fell in love with them! This little guy was kind enough to pose for me. Isn't he sweet?

Link has been removed

My son went back to work today and hubby is feeling better than yesterday but will still be taking tomorrow off as he is not 100% better yet. I don't mind too much! It doesn't suck having him around anyway! :o)

Aleah'sMommy - thanks for the tip about the onions! I will definitely try that! I am willing to try anything that might work and being natural is a definite plus! Thank you!

Ok, I am off again to watch tv with hubby.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful Friday the 13th everyone!

5 comments:

Aleah'sMommy said...

You are so welcome! Thats what we do & it seems to clear the sinuses & soak up the germs to kick the cold/flu thats in the home. I hate onions but it works for us! Thank you for todays postcard!

Sherry Out Loud said...

I am not sure about that bird (other than he is beautiful!) It could be a small flamingo. We have birds that look much like this as far as bill and body shapes, but they are white, and they are called ibises. Hope you get all them fellers well, girl!

Sherry Out Loud said...

Couldn't stand it, had to look it up - it is called a scarlet ibis. As I said, I have huge flocks of them in my yard. I feed cracked corn to the ducks, and the ibises don't like that, so they don't really overtake the yard like they used to. Anyway, that's what it is!

Unknown said...

Thank you for today's postcard. He is a beautiful bird!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 13 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 14 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).