Friday, February 6, 2009

Feb 6

This beautiful statue was in a small water filled alcove below the stairs in the garden I have been showing you. I just love how the stones look. So different than normal! If you look closely on the postcard, you can see some green growing in those rocks on the wall as well. Just so beautiful! And these postcards I have been making you of this garden are just small bits and not even the beautiful stairway yet! I am saving that! :o)


Link has been removed

Catching up on some comments that have been left:

Becky - I hope your daughter is enjoying the postcards and that maybe she will venture to see some of these things while she is in Europe! When is she going and for how long?

Sibylle - I would have gladly gone out for photos but the snow doesn't stay long enough here! Only a few times, like 3, I think, in the almost 9 years that I have been here, have we gotten enough snow to get out and get photos! Even if we get a few inches in the morning, it starts melting almost right away! I do have some photos from some of our snows though and will try and post some of them for you at a later date, ok?
PS As for making more postcards, I hope to post a new postcard every day of 2009! Not sure I will make it but I am sure going to try so load up that Mac!!

Sherry - Yes, we get movies and tv in English. :o) This is one reason why the Dutch can speak English so well! They hear it pretty much starting at birth plus they take English in school.

MaryE - I've never seen Across the Universe. Never even heard of it! I will have to check it out! Thank you!

Addicted2Scrappin - I am glad you are enjoying the postcards! Hoorn isn't too far from us; about an hour north, up near Amsterdam. We are just a bit south of Rotterdam.

Val (in Florida) - I know you didn't comment here on the site but wanted to shout out to you and say hi! I am happy to know you are stopping by! I miss you girl!

Thank you to all of you and everyone else that has been stopping by and for leaving comments! I am so glad to hear you are enjoying the postcards even if there are only a few of you! As long as they bring a smile to someone's face, then my idea is working!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful Friday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, I'm really enjoying this tour across Europe!

Aleah'sMommy said...

My goodness I have been slacking. I have just gotten the last few days of post cards. Thanks so much hun for all the hard work you must kput into them, finding the right pic, getting to look perfect & be the perfect size, and everything. I would love it if the snow melted right away here. So far this winter we have gotten over 3 ft of snow total & there is still at least 2 foot on the ground & mounds over 10 ft tall in parking lots lol =) Im looking forward to seeing more of your side of the world! Thanks again =)

Sherry Out Loud said...

I didn't see the previous comment about "Across The Universe," but that is my DD's favorite movie! Her other favorite movie is "August Rush," and if you haven't seen that one, you must do so - quite the tearjerker, but a wonderful movie nonetheless!

Thank you again for the beautiful picture, you photoartist you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 06 Feb [LA 08:01pm, NY 11:01pm] - 07 Feb [UK 04:01am, OZ 03:01pm] ).