Saturday, February 7, 2009

Feb 7 - The Stairs

You know how I keep talking about the stairs in this garden? Well, today you get to see them! Mind you, there is a tiny bit cut off from each side as they are just massive! I had to stand so far back in order to get them into one photo!
You see the door on each side? You can go in either one of these doors and walk through, under the stairs. It's lit up and so very cool, literally in every way but there were also bats! Since it was cooler in there than outside, I would have stayed in there for awhile but I really HATE bats! lol I tried to get a photo of one but it didn't turn out so well! No big loss really!
I have some more photos of the stairs from different angles but you only get part of the stairs each time. This is really the best photo of the whole staircase.
You couldn't walk on the stairs at the time we were there. They had them roped off as they were in serious need of repair.
Yes, those are more statues on the top of the stairs. I swear these people were just crazy for statues! Wait until you see all the statues on the mansion! That's another photo though!

Anyway, this is today's postcard! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Link has been removed

I may be late posting Sunday's postcard. I will be out most of the day today, tonight my daughter is having her slumber party from her birthday last month and Sunday, my in-laws are coming over for the kids' birthdays! Between everyone being sick and then so much going on, we are just getting around to celebrating! :o) Normally my posts go up at 6am EST but probably look for it later in the day on Sunday, unless I get time later today to get it set up before the girls get here.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I ask where the picture of the stairs was taken? I swear I've been there before during my travels but I cannot place it for the life of me. Until I figure it out, it will drive me crazy :) Looks like you are having a splendid time!

Sherry Out Loud said...

absolutely gorgeous!!! More and more I'm thinking about getting you to adopt me - you get to go to such cool places....LOL!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is really gorgeous!

diharper said...

I am enjoying your postcards so much. Thank you for them. I have mailded some and will be mailing others, too. I am enjoying this lovely tour of Europe. I've never been, but have always wanted to go. Again, than you very much for sharing.
Hugs, Diane