Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19 - coffee beans

You are probably asking yourself what coffee beans have to do with postcards, huh?
Today's postcard is one side of a little statue I found outside of a coffeeshop in Dordrecht last year. Just something a bit different and a little fun! I thought it was so cute!
The whole thing is actually 3 coffee bean sacks and another coffee bean statue on the other side. That one is a bit different than this one but the photo didn't come out as well as this side. I think it makes a cute postcard though, don't you? (Remember, the preview is smaller and lower quality than the actual postcard!)


Link has been removed

It was a busy day for me. I had a dr's appointment this morning and then new glasses this afternoon plus had to get some shopping done in between. Then more grocery shopping before dinner, then a movie with my daughter tonight. It was a good day though and the sun was shining which definitely made it even better! How was your day? Did you get sunshine, too?

Well, I am off again! Funny huh? I finally get time on the computer but have to go! (Of course, I am typing this after midnight so I need to get to bed!)
Thanks for stopping by! See you again tomorrow!

4 comments:

Sherry Out Loud said...

This reminds me of a funny story. I have a friend who is blind and who has a guide dog. This particular dog was a favorite at the place where he was trained, and he went home at night with one of the trainers. He was taught sort of an "extra" command, which was "find the bean," and that meant find where the coffee was! The dog could do it every time - among many other completely amazing feats (once we were in the middle of Disneyworld, and we told King the dog to "find the car," and he navigated us right to where we had the car parked - something we humans could probably not have done so efficiently!) So, I wonder if King could have found this bean....LOL!

Unknown said...

How cute is that?! We're starting to get sunshine now, but it snowed all morning. Supposed to snow all weekend, too. Ah, the joys of living in Alberta, lol!

Anonymous said...

Waht a cute little guy....thankyou for this delightful card

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 19 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 20 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).