Saturday, February 21, 2009

February 21 - Poland

Hello again! :o) Happy Saturday! I hope you all have wonderful plans for the weekend, OFF the computer!

The kids will both be gone for the night which is a rare treat! Hubby and I are going out to eat and then will just spend some quiet time alone! How nice that will be! Don't get me wrong! I love my kids, love having them around, but every once in awhile, having a night and day just us is pretty nice! :o)
Sherry, I hate to disappoint you again but we are just going out for fast food; either Burger King or KFC! Yes, we have those as well as Subway, Dominoes Pizza and probably others I don't know about! Personally, I am glad to have a bit of "home" here in Holland even if it doesn't taste quite the same!

Today's postcard is actually not a photo I took! This one my daughter took when she was in Poland this past year as an exchange student. She tends to take photos like I do but she has a real eye for it, I think! This photo is one from up in the mountains, somewhere in Krakow. I think she did a beautiful job centering it all, don't you? I added the "Poland" to the postcard and put my daughter's name on there this time. Here is today's postcard:


Link has been removed

How do you all feel about postcards created from photos from Auschwitz? She took some photos there, but just outside, as you are not allowed to photograph in the buildings. She did get a few really good photos but I hesitated to use them. I mean Aushwitz, while a big part of history, may not be something you would like a postcard of, you know? Sound off in the comment area and let me know if you are interested. If so, I will create some postcards from those photos. None of them are....um, hard to look at. They are just of buildings, fencing, train tracks, stuff like that. She has some photos that I just can't make postcards out of as even I don't think I would be comfortable doing so!

Well, I hope you enjoy today's postcard! Thanks for stopping by and see you again tomorrow!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture, it reminds me of the mountains here in Alberta. As far as the pictures of Auschwitz, I think it's okay to post them. It's a part of history and something no one should ever forget.

Aleah'sMommy said...

thank you for yesterday & todays downloads. I would love to see auschwitz postcards. I would love to see history in person, or at least as close to in person as ill ever get LOL

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 21 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 22 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Sherry Out Loud said...

I agree with MaryE - I'd be interested in the photos of Auschwitz as well. Glad you and hubby got to go out for fast food....LOL!