Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feb 12 - Just another brick in the wall

Well, ok, not really a brick but a stone. Or rock. Whichever! :o) Just sounded better with "brick" though! You all know the song, right?

This will be a quick post. I have 2 sickies on my hands; my son and my hubby. Dear son has been home sick for 3 days now and tonight, hubby came home from work, sick. I sure hope the boys keep it to themselves and don't pass it on to my daughter and I!
I am worried about hubby though. This is the 3rd time in as many weeks that he has been sick. His resistance must be really low this year. He definitely needs to see a dr I think.

Today's postcard is from France. We stayed in a hotel one night while traveling and this wall was out front. I thought it was so pretty so naturally, I had to snap a photo! Just something a bit different than all the travel photos. :o)

Link has been removed

Sherry, in answer to your question about the books.....I am not sure what the cost would be. You would have to check with your local post office. There is a "book/magazine" bag that can be sent at a lower rate than normal packages. As long as it is only books and/or magazines, it is cheaper. (It was like $6 for the full bag)
At least they used to have it! I don't know if they have changed that or not.
You are so sweet to ask! I definitely would never argue with English books of any kind, from anywhere or anyone! lol

Well, I am off to check on the sickies!
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Aleah'sMommy said...

Awww I hope they get better soon! Try slicing a 4raw onion so itslike rings all together & lay each slice on a glass plate in each room. As it soaks up the germs the center rings will pop out & you have to put a new slice down. Thats what we always do. It seems to pull the cold out of the air & out of us. Thanks for todays post card too =)

Unknown said...

Hope your boys are feeling better soon. It does seem like a really bad year for illness, me and one of my daughters have been sick off and on for a month. I'll have to try the onion thing!

Unknown said...

Sorry, hit the send button too soon! Thanks for another beautiful picture!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 13 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

The post card is beautiful! Thank you and I hope the family gets well soon. I had it for a month before I went to the docs, so I can relate!
Take care & Hugs,
DeLoris

Anonymous said...

Bonjour,*
Merci pour cette très belle carte postale qui me fait rêver de montagne !!
C from Paris :)