Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St Patty's Day!

Hello. My name is Denise and I am a Facebook Hatchlings addict! :o)
I swear this game is going to be the death of me yet! Seriously, if you are on Facebook, stay away from Hatchlings! lol It is a fabulous game and so much fun but it's so addicting!!! That and the word hunt. Oh my.

So, did you all have a nice St Patty's Day?
It was warm and sunny here again so the day was perfect! Well, almost anyway! I didn't get my corned beef brisket since I have yet to find that here in Holland. My mom had sent me some corned beef hash in the last box she sent over so we had that mixed with hash browned potatoes and cabbage. I just threw it all together in a pot after it was all cooked. It was pretty good but still not a brisket! *sigh*
I also made a mint brownie dessert that was so good! A bit sweet but so tasty! The bottom layer is brownie, then a thick layer of green, mint flavored, powdered sugar frosting and then a layer of chocolate over that! Oh my was it sweet! I found the recipe on the internet last week and knew I just had to make it today! Everyone loved it.

Well, today I needed something green for the postcard! I couldn't find anything "green" but I did find a photo with a peacock that had green in him! Another photo from the Efteling. The peacocks just wander about and don't seem too bothered by all the people! This one was busy grooming himself but stopped long enough to give me the evil eye for interrupting him for something as silly as a photo! Ah, the life of a photographer huh? lol
Here is today's postcard:


Link has been removed

Well, nothing else to write plus I should get to bed! It is almost 3am again!

Happy St Patty's Day everyone! Thanks for stopping by and see you again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you! How do you get those birds to stay still for you, lol?! I've been trying for the longest time to shoot a bluejay and a woodpecker that have been visiting my back yard, but I swear they just wait til i'm ready to shoot, then fly off, laughing!