Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19 - Tulips

Do I dare say, "Oops, I did it again"! lol
I really thought I posted this earlier this morning! I actually made myself get dressed, make the bed, empty the dishwasher, throw in a load of clothes and actually get some coffee before going on Facebook! I even made it to the store today, had some face time with my neighbor and made gyros for dinner! I thought I did this as well but I guess I meant to, thought I did, but really didn't! I'm sorry? :o)

Before getting to the postcard, I would like to comment on your comments!

Becky - I am so glad you were able to grab the postcards! I leave them up for a week before I remove the links just in case people miss them. If you still miss them, just leave me a comment and let me know what day you are missing. I don't keep the zips but I do have all of the postcards!

MaryE - Holland really is so beautiful and there is no better time to see it than in the Spring. Everything is in bloom then and while it is still a bit chilly and a lot rainy some years, it is so worth it!
You are doing great in Hatchlings! :o) Don't forget to feed your pets every day! They are kind of like neo pets. They need love and care to survive. If they starve too much, they will fly away from you!

Aleah'sMommy - Thank you so much for the great comments! I'm glad you were able to grab the ones you missed, like Becky! My internet has been going in and out the last few days as well. It is seriously cutting into my Hatchlings hunting! lol
Great ideas for the funny face postcard! Especially the funny friend!

Judy - Thank you for your sweet comments on the postcards!
Be warned, if you start with Hatchlings, be prepared to get addicted! lol You can add me to your friends list (Denise Hultman van Riet) (I will delete this tomorrow!) It's a wonderful game but oh so addicting!

Sherry - Sherry, Sherry, my dear sweet Sherry! Cut down on my Facebook time??? Are you crazy?? lol Hey, the house is clean, the family is fed, clothes are clean, enough said! :o) Besides, I don't go back to QC until next month so I am enjoying my vacation! Speaking of which, when are you coming back???
As for posting the postcards on FB, I would rather not. My blog is small and only a handful of people get the cards which is fine by me. I don't worry about theft that way. I am not a professional photographer but even so, these are MY photos and I definitely don't want someone to snag them and claim them as theirs. FB has too many people plus, if they change their rules again, what you put in your account could become their property and I certainly don't want that! :o)
PS Hatchlings doesn't end! lol This game ends April 12 but then the new one starts! lol

Corrine in WA - You are so very welcome and huggs back to you!

Now, that feels better, doesn't it? I like to comment on your comments. It makes it feel nicer that way, more like friends interacting. I like it when you all leave comments even if just to say hi! It just makes everything more personal, I think. Not just some sterile blog where you grab a link and run, don't you agree?

Ok, now for the postcard! Another floral postcard of some flowers at The Keukenhof. It opened today and is only open until May 21. I am hoping I can convince hubby to take me again! It's always so beautiful and even though it is tulips, daffodils, hyacinth, etc., year after year, the way they do it is always different! Plus, of course, they have other displays as well. Next to the Efteling, it is probably my favorite place in Holland!
I think these cheery, bright tulips are just the thing for the last day of winter, don't you think? Yes, tomorrow is officially Spring!!!!!!!!!
Here is today's postcard:


Link has been removed

I have certainly enjoyed your visits. I look forward to seeing you again tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Love that photo for todays postcard.
:(....couldn't find that game Hatchlings....where do I go for it?

Deborah said...

I love your tulips. Thank you. My daughter visited Holland last Spring and she went to the Keukenhof Gardens. Her pictures are just gorgeous, as is this one. Perhaps some day I will....

Becky said...

Beautiful picture! Love, love, love tulips! Thanks

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I haven't had much luck with tulips, but we're sitting on soil that has a very high clay content, so if i want to grow anything, we have to bring in top soil. So thank you for the postcard, I can print it out and dream, lol!

Sherry Out Loud said...

Beautiful photo! As far as QC, I could come back, but it seems like I remember the requirements are pretty heavy-duty, and I never know when or if I will feel like getting much done. Let's chat about it in email, want to?