Friday, March 27, 2009

March 26 - storks

I know, I am really late in posting again today! *sigh* I start out the day thinking I will do it first thing, and then I find I have work to do. Then the day goes on and I keep forgetting!

Today's postcard is another one of those signs of Spring. I actually took this at the zoo last year! I wish I could have gotten higher above the nest to see if there were any eggs in there or maybe even babies! Ah well....I thought this would make a cute postcard anyway. A little plain perhaps but it would be great for baby announcements! :o)


Link has been removed

Tonight's dinner was sausages and mac N cheese. It was just DD and I tonight as hubby and DS both had to work late. It was tasty though! :o)

It rained all day here and was just plain yucky again! I guess I am glad I couldn't plant yet because the seeds probably would have just rotted in the ground.

I have discovered I just cannot grow parsley inside! It does fabulous in my gardens but in a pot in the house....dead, dead, dead and I don't know why! I give up! I will just stick to it in the gardens and keep pots of all my other herbs inside as well as out!

It looks like it is time to replant the marigold seedlings already. They are getting quite big! Not a bad thing though as it gives me quite a few more smaller pots to plant more marigolds! I use a lot of marigolds in the garden.

The Shasta Daisies aren't coming up very well but I did use old seeds so it was a hit and miss thing anyway. I guess I will have to replant with newer ones.

My 3 pots of lettuce I planted are doing fabulous!!! They are getting so big! All of the other lettuce I planted is still in the seedling stage. I will have a ton of lettuce right from my windowsill before I ever get any in the garden! lol

My oregano isn't growing so well. I have some sprouts in one of the 3 pots I planted and the marjoram, none of them have come up yet. To be fair though, I planted old seeds so it, too, was a hit and miss exercise anyway. I guess I will have to dig out the newer seeds and try again!

The basil seedlings got big enough to put into bigger pots and are doing nicely. I planted some more basil 2 days ago and it's already sprouted!

I keep waiting on starting any veggie seeds because of the cold weather and all the rain. I suppose I will be too late in getting them going and then the weather will turn nice and I will wish I had them ready for planting in the garden! I have bags and bags of seeds plus you will find cups and bags all over my house with various seeds in them that I have taken out of veggies! I have 3 different pepper seeds in cups right in front of me on my desk! lol

Did I tell you I built a new shelf on the windowsill? I ran out of room to put the starters so I grabbed some bricks from the back garden and piled them up on each side of the windowsill. I then laid a board over the top of them! Worked like a charm! I am going to add one more board between the bricks, about midway though. The starters can be on the bottom where they get the warmth from the radiator. When they start sprouting, I can move them up a few inches to the middle shelf. When they get too tall or need bigger pots, then they will move up to the top shelf! Plus, I have some room on the windowsill on either side of the shelf as well. Hubby said he is willing to give up his shelving boards for it since it is only temporary anyway! What a guy! :o)

So, there you have the farm report! :o)

Ok, it is after 2am here so I am going to close and go to bed! *gasp* In bed before 5am??? Unheard of for me lately! lol I am a bit tired again tonight though.

Thanks for stopping by! See you again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, that WOULD be perfect for a baby announcement. A friend of mine is due on June 1st with her first baby, and I'm designing a scrap kit for her to use on her baby announcements. My supper tonight was leftover spaghetti from last night, I made waaaay too much, lol! I'm jealous, we don't even think of planting here until the May long weekend (Victoria Day). I have all my seed and gardening catalogues open, and I'm dreaming of getting started!