Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 18 - pipe organs

Surprise! :o)

Good morning!
I thought I would set up today's post BEFORE checking my Facebook account today! lol I think while I am at it, I should probably unload the dishwasher, vacuum, mop, do some laundry and iron some work shirts for hubby as well before I open that page! That's probably the only way they will get done!

It looks like another sunny day here! My garden should be rototilled any day now with all of this nice weather! Maybe by this weekend, I can actually get some peas in the ground! I might even be able to get the potatoes and onion sets in if it's dry enough.

Last year was my first year growing potatoes and they were a definite success! I just planted a small patch of them last year since I had never grown them before and even though it was small, we still ate potatoes out of the garden through November. That was even with giving some away! This year I am tripling the number I am planting and if all goes well again, then next year I will plant even more!
LOL I know tripling sounds like a lot but you have to know that last year, I planted 30. This year I have 90 of them ready to go. What do they call seed potatoes in English? Here they call them potardappelen.
Now of course, this means I will have to forego my Hatchlings game! lol That's ok though. I LOVE gardening so it's not like I am giving up the game to do something I don't want to do! :o)

Enough about all of that! On to the postcard!
Today's postcard is of a pipe organ from the Efteling. (Imagine that! More photos from the Efteling! lol) This organ is in the Laaf area. Laafs are little knome like beings. They are just the cutest little things! Laafland is probably my favorite area in the Efteling.
Anyway, it's not a real pipe organ, as you can see! It does have music coming out of it but not organ music.
Here in Holland, you see a lot of these pipe organs on wheels, playing in the streets. We have one in the center, the downtown area. They are there every Saturday for your shopping pleasure. I just love the music and it puts a big grin on my face every time I hear it.
Here is the Laaf pipe organ:



Link has been removed

Well, I guess that's all for today! I better get some housework done. I feel the urge to go on Facebook coming on and the minute I do, the rest of the day is gone!

Have a fabulous day everyone! I wish for you warmth and sunshine wherever you are!
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Becky said...

I've been away from my computer for a few days so I had to catch up! Love the variety of pictures. They're such a beautiful addition to my mornings. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thank you! Looking at all these gorgeous pictures makes me want to visit and see everything for myself!

Aleah'sMommy said...

Thank you so much for days 13 to now. I lost internet on the 14th & have been going crazy. Its back right now but I dont know for how long. LOL! As for your garden being plowed & the veggies inside doing good congrats! And the peacock it beautiful. The large face is great for a funny belated or something birthday postcard. Of just to send to a goofy friend LOL. I hope my internet stays on & I look forward to what comes next.

Anonymous said...

Love todays postcard of the organ....thankyou. Hvae to go and check out this Hatchling game on Facebook....if you don't see me again you know where I will be LOL

Sherry Out Loud said...

I love the picture! But somebody's gotta get control of you and your Facebook usage! (Not me, obviously, since I know what yours is....LOL!) Have you thought of uploading your postcards there, maybe a link to your blog? Maybe when the hatchlings game is over? LOL

Anonymous said...

Thank you sweetie for sharing! Big HUGGs from Corrine in WA!