Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 10 - garden

Well, so much for getting the garden plowed anytime soon! Today is gray and rainy! That means at least another week! It has to be dry for a week straight before they can plow! *sigh* Oh the joy of living in Holland! lol
Seriously, I lived in Washington State, out on Whidbey Island and I don't remember getting as much rain as we get here! Even my neighbor, who is from England, says they didn't get as much rain there as what we get here! Ah well, I do love how green Holland is with all of the beautiful flowers, trees, bushes, etc. I guess without the rain, we wouldn't have that, right?

Speaking of beautiful flowers, etc., today's postcard is a photo of a beautiful garden I spotted on one of our many trips. I just love the wrought iron table and chairs against the greens. I think it looks so pretty and thought it would make a pretty postcard. I hope you do, too! Here is what today's postcard looks like:


(Link has been removed)

Well, it is raining so no outside work today. I already have my house cleaned, mopped, dusted, etc. so the rest of the day is mine and it is only 11:30! I am stuck at home though as I am waiting for the repairman to come and fix our dishwasher, yet again! This is like the 6th call now. I sure wish they had the lemon law here because this dishwasher is definitely a sour one! I wish I could afford to buy a new one but like everyone else, money is tight and to be honest, this dishwasher is only 2 years old! Oh well, they come and fix it, over and over and it is still under warranty, thank goodness!

I have a couple of kits I have been playing with for quite some time. Maybe I will work on them for a bit. I really should actually get them done and in the store! I know I said I was retiring but I found I was just in a serious funk with designing. I just needed a break, I guess. Maybe one of these days, I will actually finish these kits!

Well, I guess I am off to see what I can do!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! I would love having a garden like this one, but unfortunately I live in a condo, so tiny backyard. Oh well, I'll just have to hit the lotto one day, lol!

Unknown said...

Well, that was a bit of a no brainer, lol! It's called an ice plant in English, native to South Africa, so anything grown north of that is probably a hybrid. I love my gardening group, we can usual figure anything out!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 11 Mar [LA 01:23am, NY 03:23am, UK 08:23am, OZ 07:23pm] ).

Aleah'sMommy said...

Thank you so much for yesterday & todays post cards. They are gorgeous. Soon as we get a new printer I am gonna print a few & send em to friends in other states & parts of my state here in the US. I am so excited cause I know they will be loved. My grandmas back yard is a huge garden. She is sooooo ancy for it to stop raining here so she can go out & pull up any weed remnants from last year & get her gardens going again. I will have to get some pics once its warm enough & show ya!

Mary said...

thank you
I have a puzzle program on my computer that lets me turn pictures into digital jigsaws - no lost pieces; iit's just for my use; hope that's within your tou