Sunday, March 8, 2009

March 8 - I'm baaaaaaccccckkkk!

Hello everyone! I bet you thought I forgot all about you, didn't you? Well, I did and didn't! :o)
I was looking at new places to store the files and then was watching to see what others thought of them. I was going to go with box.net but then I read some comments about downloads being slow or cutting out before they were finished. I decided I didn't like that at all! I have been watching the comments about Mediafire and they all seem positive so far so I have loaded a batch of postcards to Mediafire and we will see how it goes!

I have 2 downloads for you. The first is the batch of postcards from February. Out of the 5, there is a church photo, 2 religious statues, 1 mixed postcard of various views from Trier, Germany and one last postcard of a donkey! :o) To save time and space, I won't be loading the previews for these. You will just have to take your chances and delete them if you don't like them, ok?
(Link has been removed)


The 2nd zip is for Mar 1 - 7. These postcards are all of flowers. We have Fuschia, Impatiens, a Lily, a Passion flower, some spring flowers of which I just can't think of their names right now for the life of me and a flower with a ladybug up close and personal! Again, I won't add the previews to save us all time and downloading.
(Link has been removed)

Then, lastly, I have today's postcard! This one you can see! :o)


I am not sure what these are called in English as I had never seen these flowers until I moved to Holland. Here, we call them ijsbloemen. (ice blue min). These little sweeties are one of my favorites! Every year I look forward to them finally coming out for sale! They are so sweet and so beautiful! The thing is, they only bloom when it's sunny but man oh man, are they gorgeous when they do! If you find these by you, grab some, plant them in a sunny location and watch them all summer long! They are so worth the time, money and effort! I hope you like them!
(Link has been removed)

I do believe that catches us up to today! :o)
If you have any problems downloading the files, please let me know here in the comment section! I am not too familiar yet with Mediafire so I don't even know if you can leave comments there!
Ok, that should about do it! Thanks for hanging in there! I appreciate it and am so happy to see you back! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back....been visiting everyday to see if you have posted anything. Those flowers are lovely, we have something similar here in Australia too. Close up when the shades over them. Don't know what they are called though.

Aleah'sMommy said...

WOW! I am sooo glad to see you back & cant wait to unzip & see what the past days cards are. They have all been so gorgeous! Thank you sooo soooo sooo much!!! =) *hug*

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 08 Mar [LA 08:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 09 Mar [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Sherry Out Loud said...

Yay Denise! I knew you'd do it! This rocks!

Deborah said...

Thank you for all your lovely photos. I always enjoy them. I have never had any problems with mediafire, so I am glad you chose them.

Unknown said...

Welcome back! So glad to see you and thank you for all the gorgeous postcards! I've asked my gardening group what kind of flowers these are, but they look sort of like Gerbera daisies. I'll let you know what they say.

SeanLindoNU said...

Hey, this is Sean, the Community Manager from Box.net. I saw your mention about potential issues with Box around uploads. For future reference, I just want to say that our service has earned a widespread reputation for its reliability and performance. As long as you have a good net connection, Box shouldn't pose any problems for you. We have more than 50,000 businesses and 2.5 million users that rely on Box everyday, so I hope you give us a shot down the road :) Let me know if you have any questions.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for the postcards! You can't leave comments on mediafire but I've been totally pleased with the response times and reliability. box.net has a cap on bandwidth one file can use and lots of people were using it up quite rapidly. TFS!