Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 25 - The Road Not Taken

Today's postcard, while not the very best in quality, is still one of my favorite photos. This photo reminds me of a poem I read when I was young and have never forgotten:

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
in leaves no feet had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

What do you think? Does the photo fit the poem?

Link has been removed

I have added a beautiful piece of music from YouTube on the side bar, at the very top, on the right. My daughter played this for me today and I absolutely fell in love with this child's voice let alone the song! I think my daughter said he was 12 in this video. I could be wrong but he is not very old at all! His name is Declan Galbraith and he has the voice of an angel!

It is such a peaceful song and goes so well with today's postcard! Do yourself a favor, click on the player to play the song. Then go to the larger view of today's photo (just click on the photo) and see if you don't feel relaxed! Then, when you are done playing it again about 100 times like I did, :o) let me know what you think in your comments! :o) Isn't it just amazing? Looking at the photo and listening to the music made me feel like I was wandering through those flowers and what a relaxing feeling that was! I felt alone with nature with an angel above singing while I walked.

Dinner tonight - we had Kip Krokant Schnitzel. Tells you alot huh? lol Basically, chicken cutlets with a crispy coating. We also had mashed potatoes with chives and parsley and a blend of veggies (from a can, I admit it!). What did you have tonight?

Mary - I knew you would get the bulbs answer right! lol Being a gardener and in a club, I would be disappointed if you hadn't! :o)

Thank you all for stopping by! Don't forget to listen to the music!! :o)
See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh. Wow. I am just floored by his voice, he's wonderful! I still have chills, he's got so much power for someone so young! And the picture IS perfect, for both the song and the poem. Thank you for the postcard and for introducing is to this remarkable young singer! Oh, and I was home tonight for a change, so we had spaghetti. makes a nice change form McDonalds, lol!

Sherry Out Loud said...

What an amazing picture - and yes, it goes with the poem so well. And the video just blows me away - amazing voice! Thanks so much for sharing. And I'm sorry I'm not commenting as much - I keep forgetting to come here every day....booo hooo!!!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Beautiful flowers Denise!!!