Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12 - goats & statues

Hello! Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I couldn't get my files to load to Mediafire for some reason. It could have been our internet but I am not sure what the reason was. I do have 2 files for you today though!

First, I have a goat! lol This photo just makes me think he should be talking somehow. Perhaps you can ad a caption or a talk bubble with something cute in it?
He just posed for me so nicely, how could I refuse to take his picture? :o)

Link has been removed

Next, I have some statues by the water. I got this photo while on a boat trip. These little guys were on the water's edge, entertaining the birds. I just thought it was a cute scene and thought it would make for a different postcard. (Looking at the preview, maybe I should have left the texture off?)

Link has been removed

MaryE - Thanks so much for finding out the English name for the ijsbloemen! (Ice Flower) How original, huh? lol No matter what they are called, they are beautiful and I love looking at them every year in my garden!

Aleah'sMommy - I am so happy to know you are enjoying the postcards! I hope your family and friends you send them to enjoy them as well!
I understand your grandma's antsiness! It is so hard for gardeners when spring is so close and still so far! I look forward to seeing your photos!

Mary - creating puzzles out of the postcards is fine since it is for your own personal use! What a great idea! I bet that is a lot of fun! Thank you for telling me how you use the postcards! What a great idea!

One of my readers, Mary, creates puzzles out of the postcards. She does them on her computer but you could also print out the puzzle pieces, cut them out and send them to someone! :o) They get a postcard and a puzzle in one! Perhaps fashion a card, with the postcard on the front and the puzzle pieces inside so they can see what they will be putting together!

Does anyone else do anything with the postcards besides send them to others? Leave me a comment on how you use them! I would love to hear how the postcards are being used in other ways.

Well, it's another gray and wet day here in Holland! Well, not so wet at the moment but it did rain in the night again. Back to the starting line for the dry days before plowing! lol

I have been eyeing my backyard and trying to figure out what to do with it. We have a small backyard as most people do in Holland. I used to have a pond and waterfall in the garden but I couldn't keep the green slime out no matter how hard I tried so I dug up the pond. The waterfall is still sitting there and I am debating on whether or not to put in a small pond again under the waterfall. I also want to put in plants again. 2 years ago we bought a pool and it took up just about the whole yard. I gutted the gardens, added a bunch of sand for under the pool and then we got a freezing cold summer! The kids swam maybe 3 times all summer! Last summer we didn't bother putting it up again and before winter set in, hubby took the pool to the dump. Now I have a garden full of sand that needs to be dug up, new dirt added and then plants again but which ones! lol
I would like to create some of the square foot gardens back there since it is right outside the back door. If I can't make it to the big garden one day, at least I can putter around in my back garden. I also want flowers and bushes in the garden again though. It used to be so pretty back there and I want it to be that way again. It's just so hard to decide what to do with it! I stare out at the garden, seeing different things in it and then sketching it all for future reference. I want to do too many things in too small of a space though I think! lol Ah well, I have some time yet! I will just keep staring, sketching and dreaming, I guess!

Well, I guess that is all for today! I should probably get busy!
Thanks for stopping by! It was so nice to see you again!

3 comments:

Aleah'sMommy said...

These 2 are gorgeous, just like the others. Thank you so much!

My grandmas back yard is huge. I will look & see if I can find the pics from last year of Aleah my 2 yr old helping her in the gardens. Aleah loves to help water the plants. She also likes to go sit & try to hide in the flowers once they've grown tall enough. If I can find them I will let you know & show them off lol. My grandma has 2 small gardens in the front yard along with 1 along the front of the house & her back yard fence is all garden all along the fence. she has flowers, bushes, trees, even veggies!! I love going over when the veggies are ready. I love fresh tomatoes, cucumbers & green beans LOL. But she grows more than that lol.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Mar [LA 11:53pm] - 13 Mar [NY 01:53am, UK 06:53am, OZ 05:53pm] ).

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, they're beautiful! the goat is so cute! Today is actually warm, so we might get rid of some snow finally. I ordered some elderberry bushes for the front of the house this year, I can hardly wait til they arrive! I'll have some room for planting this year, we have to dig up a dying plum tree. Of course, when I say "we", I mean hubby, lol!