Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday, March 22 - Lily

Look! I am posting early! lol
I haven't even opened my Facebook yet! :o)

We have another beautiful, sunny day here in Holland! Maybe I will get outside and get something done in the back garden. I do need to dig up roots from the Hedera. Never again will I plant any type of ivy plant. I grew Hedera on the fences, trying to fill in gaps between the slats in the fence. It worked beautifully and looked nice until we decided to take it out. We found it really caused some damage to the fences and when the high winds came along last year, the fencing crumbled. Needless to say, we had to replace all of the fencing on that side of the yard. The problem is, the Hedera roots really dug in and I need to get them out so I can lay my new veggie gardens.
I also have a lot of sand that we threw in for the pool that needs to be shovelled up and dumped somewhere. Where we had the pond, we dumped sand in as well so I have lots of sand to deal with now. The sand might be good for beets and carrots but I doubt many of the other veggies will grow well in it. *sigh* So much to do.

I have another flower postcard for you today. This is a closeup photo of some Lilies at the Keukenhof. I love getting up close and personal when I take photos. This gorgeous Lily looks just like the Lilies I have in my backyard behind the waterfall. While I am not a big fan of Lilies, I do like their bold colors and how they stand so tall and regal. They are an unassuming flower yet really manage to grab your attention! I hope you enjoy today's postcard.


Link has been removed

Well, I must run! Hubby made me breakfast so I need to eat it while it is hot!
Thank you for stopping by! See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another beautiful pair of cards, thank you! Two of my favourite things, lilies and waterfalls! I had daylilies and tiger lilies last year, I may get adventurous and try callas this year.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love lilies and have a few different ones buried under snow in my yard. All your flower photos are making me long for spring to arrive here.