Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 20 - Welcome Spring!

I know! I am late again but today it's not because I was on Facebook! lol
Hubby got off early from work and asked me if I wanted to go shopping. Well now, I am a female and enjoy the occasional shopping spree so how could I say no? lol The funny thing was, I was cleaning, scrubbing the bathroom, doing laundry, really getting things done for a change instead of playing my game! But still, how is a girl to refuse an offer like that from hubby I ask you? :o)
We had a good time, just the two of us; roaming around the center in search of those delightful chocolate Easter eggs. They are like the small, hard shell, Cadbury eggs, I think they are. You know, hard shell on the outside and solid chocolate inside? They are about the size of a dime. Just little bitty things and oh so good! Our candy store has carried them for years but they didn't get them this year! Arrrrgggg So we went in search of them but nobody has them this year! How can that be? That is my favorite Easter candy and I was thrilled to find them here! *sigh* We will probably make a trip into Rotterdam one of these days and see if we can find them there. If not, anybody want to send me some eggs? lol Just kidding!

The day was a bit chilly, just the tiniest bit, but the sun was out so that made it all good! I am glad I am keeping my urge to get things in the ground in check though. Hubby said several days this week, while it was warm in the daytime, in the morning when he left for work, he had to scrape the frost off of his windows. Not a good thing for tender veggies!
I guess I will just have to start some more seeds in the house and be patient! Not one of my stronger points!

Today is officially Spring! It sure felt like it would never get here this year, didn't it?
When we were out today, we saw all of the daffodils and crocuses in bloom. They line the streets with them here and it is so pretty to drive along and see it! I will have to go out and take some photos! I have some from several years ago but my photos were smaller then so they wouldn't make for nice postcards.
Because it is Spring, I thought I would send you another flower postcard. Again, these are from the Keukenhof! You will be seeing a lot more photos from there since I have a ton!
My mom loves Gerbera daisies so I snapped these photos especially for her. I think these are double Gerberas, are they not, Mary? I just think they are gorgeous no matter what they are called!
Here is today's postcard:


Link has been removed

I did check in to Facebook earlier tonight and I was gifted with 13 fabulous warehouse eggs. It made me cry! It was such a wonderful gift and sure saves me a lot of time! Warehouse eggs are bought with "shells". You earn 1 "shell" for every egg you find. The cheapest egg is 100 shells and the most expensive one is 1000 shells. It can take some time to build up enough shells to buy all the eggs you want so being given so many warehouse eggs was an amazing gift! Thank you Jeff! :o)

Judy asked where to find the game. I am not sure! lol It is probably found under applications and it is called Hatchlings. I can send you an invite if you are on my friends list! You can add me if you'd like! I will delete this part tomorrow. (Denise Hultman van Riet) Let me know it is you and I will send an invite to the game! If anyone else would like to join, send me a message on Facebook!

Ok, I am off to find some eggs! :o) Thank you all for stopping by and for leaving all of your wonderful comments, yet again! See you again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes they are double gerberas, and it's a beautiful shot, thank you! I can't get any of my friends to sign up for Hatchlings, so right now i only have you and Bunny Cates. Although sometimes, I can go back and forth between the 3 of us and pick up quite a few eggs, lol!

Deborah said...

Thank you as always for the beautiful photo. I enjoy reading your blog as well.