Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 10!

Well, the weather has been COLD here and the ice has been steadily freezing! There have been several ice races already but everyone is still waiting and hoping for the big "Elfstedetocht". (11 city race) If this weather keeps up much longer, we will surely have it! Most of the canals have frozen over and the kids are on them day and night! This country is definitely crazy about ice skating! :o)
We were going to go to Kinderdijk tomorrow to see the skaters on the canal there with all the windmills but hubby is sick so I highly doubt we will go. I think he has that nasty flu that is going around. It lasts about 3 weeks by the time all the sneezing and coughing and everything is gone! *ugh*

Today's postcard is of a sunset I caught one day while in Rotterdam. It was so pretty the way it changed. I must have taken about 100 photos of the sunset that day.
I thought this would look nice with a scripture on it or something uplifting. Perhaps a postcard for someone who needs a little hope, someone who has gone through a tragedy, someone who is depressed.....
Feel free to add text on these postcards if you want! I am not adding any because I think it is a personal thing and I would rather let you add your own if you want to.
Here is a preview of today's postcard:

Link has expired

On the preview, because I have downsized it, you can see the texture but on the full size card, you don't notice it. I hope you enjoy today's card!

Have a great Saturday everyone! See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Aleah'sMommy said...

its gorgeous thank you so much!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Love sunsets and sunrises, I can see why you would take so many photos, this one looks like new rays of hope doesn't it? Beautiful Denise,thanks for sharing.

Sherry Out Loud said...

This is amazing - it looks like a gateway into heaven! You rock as a photographer, lady!