Friday, January 9, 2009

I scrapped a Layout!!!

I actually scrapped something today!
When I woke up this morning, everything was white outside. Now mind you, it wasn't snow but that thick, white frost all over everything! It was so beautiful! This is just one of the many photos I took while walking around for about 3 hours, just enjoying the view and the cold, fresh air!



The window is an action by Alessandra. You can find it at Digitals!
The rest is from "Winter Flight" by Createwings and can be found at OScraps.

While on my walk, I came across a beautiful swan on the ice. There have been a lot of problems lately with the birds getting frozen in the ice and it looked like she was. I went home, grabbed some bread and headed to the neighbors to see if he could call someone to help get her out. (My Dutch isn't good enough to explain where she was! lol) He called several places and they were all so unconcerned about it. The one (the animal control) actually told him unless the swan was hurt or dead, they wouldn't do anything! Can you believe that? And this after reading in the paper the other day that if you see birds frozen in the ice, call! Unbelievable!
I headed back with the bread and fed her. She started to move about after the bread and I could see she wasn't frozen in the ice after all but she was very weak. You could tell it wasn't the slippery ice that caused her to keep falling. She could barely stand up, period. I did manage to get a few shots of her while she was up on her feet but it never lasted long before she just dropped again.
I gave her half a loaf of bread and she just devoured it! I hope it helped anyway and I hope other people give her bread, too! I will go back tomorrow, with more bread, to see if she is still there. Here is a layout I did of her.



This layout was created using "Winter Escape" by Paint the Moon Designs and can be found at OScraps.

I hope you all grabbed today's postcard! I think I will use a photo from today for tomorrow's postcard. :o) We will see!

Well, I am off to try and scrap some more! I have a sick hubby tonight so not sure how much more I will get done but I can try anyway! :o)

3 comments:

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

What a sad thing to have to leave him there, I love your page, love what you did for him. Winter is beautiful but it can be so harsh as well.

Alessandra Designs said...

Thank you for using my action in such beautiful way!!! Most of all, Denise, thank you for all your help with the creation of this action, you always maje my work better.

Hugs,

Alessandra

Sherry Out Loud said...

Well you know how much I love swans, this page brings tears to my eyes. I hope this one made it. We have 3 swans on our lake, and a couple of years ago one of them got sick, was sick to the point that it would sleep on the water while the other 2 guarded it. I was so sad, but there was nothing to do, and thankfully it got well finally. Birds have a big place in my heart. You did a good thing here!