Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 20

I am running behind again, I know! Sorry about that!

I am running out of large photos of Holland. As I was going through my stash, which is quite large, I realized most of the photos I have were taken with an older camera and also at much smaller sizes. When I tried to enlarge them to fit the 4x6 area, they didn't look nice at all anymore. I think I will try my hand at some collage-like postcards with the smaller photos. I was also thinking, instead of just photos from Holland, how about just postcards of anything? I mean I have been to Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, and so many more! I have pictures from most of the places. I don't think I have ever taken pictures in Belgium or Luxembourg though. How weird is that? Hmmm, maybe because you just pass through them and don't really GO to them?

Anyway, I think I will make postcards from more than just Holland. Sound good?
This summer we are heading to Denmark and a bit of Sweden so I will have photos from both of those countries to add as well.

Today's postcard is from the inside of Ruine Ravenstyne; a postcard I did a week or so ago.
Yes, Sherry, you can go inside, go upstairs, everything. Only one wing was closed off; that part you see on the left side of the photo.

Whenever I am in places like this, I try and imagine how it must have looked back in it's day. I mean, the ruin itself was gorgeous. I can only imagine what it looked like before. Then again, maybe my imagination makes it look better than it actually was.
Do you do the same? Try and imagine what things like this looked like in an earlier time?

Anyway, here is today's postcard; an inside view from Ruine Ravenstyne.


Link has been removed

4 comments:

Aleah'sMommy said...

I think more than just Holland is a great idea. sounds like you have been all over a good portion of Europe! I cant wait to see =) Thank you for 18, 19, & 20. Work those 3 days was so hectic I was fried by the time I got home lol.

Unknown said...

I think it's a great idea, too! I doubt i'll ever get to Europe, so i can visit through your gorgeous pictures!

Sherry Out Loud said...

I totally agree about imagining how places were in another time - I do that a lot, so it makes sense to me! And I'm loving your photos so much, it doesn't matter where you took them. I think it is cool to have such an international friend as you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 20 Jan [LA 08:50pm, NY 11:50pm] - 21 Jan [UK 04:50am, OZ 03:50pm] ).