Monday, January 26, 2009

Jan 26 - More Notre Dame

Today's postcard is just one of the many views you see carved into Notre Dame. It is just amazing how gorgeous it is. It is really something you just have to see in person! Each of the scenes is something else from the Bible. I believe these are apostles but I could be wrong! If anyone knows for sure, please let me know!

Link has been removed

The weekend is over, the kids are both a year older and one of them is now an adult! *groan*
The soccer game was so cold (it was at night) and they played so badly! Not that they have been playing very good this season but we can hope each game will be the one to change it all, right? Well, Saturday's game wasn't the one!

I am absolutely exhausted. Other than doing laundry I don't think I will be doing too much else today! Just take it easy, maybe read another book.

I started a list on the right side of my blog of the books I have read. I am so bad about keeping track each year so I thought this year I would make a list here on my blog and at year's end, I could see how much and what I read!
Personally, my tastes are varied. Since moving to Holland, I am not too picky! If someone finds a book in English, I read it! It's not always so easy to find them in English but we have been managing! My MIL finds quite a few for me each year and I just devour them! We have found several used book stores where I can usually find some and we hit all the flea markets we see, searching for English books. They don't come cheap though! Needless to say, I can't always find my "romance" novels I love so much so I read whatever I can find or get from someone. I have to admit, I have found some great authors and read some fabulous books because of this so I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing! :o)

Do you read and if so, what do you like to read? How much do you read?
If you are reading a book now, what are you reading and who is the author?

Well, that's it for today! Thanks for stopping by!
I hope to see you again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Sherry Out Loud said...

Beautiful picture again - another place I must see!

As far as books, I read voraciously. But the strange thing is that, since my brain got messed up with chronic fatigue syndrome, I cannot really retain anything I read if I am reading a regular book. I still read a lot, but it's pretty comical because I can barely keep up as I read along...LOL! Instead, what I can do is listen to books on tape. I never liked to do that much before I got CFS, but now I really love it.

Have you tried books on tape? Those are things you could download, I assume, since we can here. I can't imagine just having to read whatever I could come up with that was in English - guess that man must be worth a lot, huh? LOL!

Aleah'sMommy said...

I love reading. Right now I am working on a series of vampire like romance novels. So fare there are 12 in the series & I just got them all so I am only on book 4 lol. I wish I could send them to you as I get done reading them =) Also thank you so much for yesterday & todays postcards!

Unknown said...

I read all the time, I can't stand it if I don't have anything to read! I like Stephen King, Dean Koontz, John Saul, pretty much anything horror or science fiction. I'm reading Dan Simmons right now. i buy a lot of used books, but every so often I treat myself to a new one