Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years Everyone!



This is Holland, 5 minutes after midnight on New Year's Eve!
This video was taken from my back yard and of just the fireworks that go up in the sky. I tried to get as much as I could but in every direction, fireworks were going off so I tried to catch whatever was showing the best. I wish I had sound on my camera for video because the noise from the fireworks is just awesome! The lights you see that look like lightning in the sky are fireworks in the streets. The type that flash and bang but don't go up! The streets are just lined with them and after everyone is done, they pile them all up and build a fire. It's so cool but probably a little dangerous!
The red ball you see later in the video is a ship flare. You see a lot of those going up on New Years Eve too and I just love the way they look!
It is crazy but oh so wonderful! It is by far, my favorite day of the year!
My neighbors and son thought it was quiet this year but I thought it was wonderful! I guess when I think back on other years, it was pretty quiet actually but still great! I suppose maybe the -8C might have kept a lot of people in this year?
It is 2:00am now and the fireworks are still going strong! lol

Have a safe New Years Eve everyone! Please remember, if you drink, don't drive!!!

5 comments:

beth said...

Fabulous!!!nothing like that within 100 miles of me!!! hugs, Beth!

Maddy said...

Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar!!! So nice to "see" Holland @ New Year's!! Thanks for sharing!
Maddy

Unknown said...

So cool! Feel like I was there!!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

This is so cool Denise, thanks for posting so all of us could enjoy! Happy New Year!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Denise! That was wonderful to see.